Thursday 21 June 2018

Why Astronomy would be completely different on a flat earth

Five years ago, I was first introduced to astronomy whilst visiting my brother in Australia, I spent some wonderful nights with him watching the stars that I could not get the chance to in my hometown in England (northern hemisphere), principally because they are not observable, given that the earth is a globe. Since that first foray, I bought book after book, magazines etc and subscribed to online forums and youtube channels on the subject - I learnt a lot about how our planet works and its place in the vast expanse of the universe. It was some 3 years later that I began to notice rather odd messages on these astronomy channels. They were being infiltrated by flat earth advocates.peddling the ridiculous flat earth notion and that the stars were proof of that because of this and that. The weirdest thread was by some flat earth advocate (can't remember who as was not paying much attention to it) - to the point that he asked me if my telescope was 'computer controlled' - at that time I was still only observing, not quite ready for astrophotography but had plans to. 'Yes' I said, 'I have built a goto system for it and am fine tuning it with PEC (Periodic Error Correction)' he replied 'Ahh, you gullible moron, LOL its obvious that you are a NASA fanboy, they rig the software so that you think you are looking at what you want to look at, but in reality the stars and planets are NOT what they tell us'. 'Strange' i replied, 'I never knew that you could do that with with stepper motors' - 'There you go, you fool, perhaps now you will do your research properly' - ' Not so' I say 'The only thing my laptop controls is moving 2 motors to the correct position, have nothing to do with the image - the scope does that with just mirrors, so you know nothing about astronomy I take it' - then came the jesuit, Nazifreemasons thoery bullsit. So thats how I came across these intelectually challenged children.

So this parting shot blog entry is why the southern celestial stars blow a flat earth apart, because it simply could not work.


On the 21st of June, 2018 at 7PM London time (and in previous years), the following cities in the southern hemisphere will be in darkness (night). Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, Durban, Antananarivo, Mogudishu, Muscat, Mumbai, Chitagong, Phnom Penh, Manila, Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane and Christchurch. All of these cities will see Polaris Australis almost at due south.None of them will be able to see Polaris at the north celestial globe. Also, the southern stars and constellations are not a mirror image or reflected image of the northern hemisphere stars and constellations.

Here is a picture depicting those directions.



Whilst it is true that any person looking at the north celestial pole and Polaris will see them at due north, the southern hemisphere can not be explaiined how you would have to physically look in diferent directions to view Polaris australis, nor can anyone explain why they also rotate clockwise, opposite to the north on a flat disc  ---  however, explained perfectly on a globe, becuase that is what earth is.

No comments:

Post a Comment